After twenty-five impressive days fasting on the Master Cleanse I will now set out all the benefits it has given me. And I must say I have some pretty cool gains here. Seriously great. Not sorted out everything, but significant steps have been taken up my ladder to better health.
After over two years being off-games with no exercise possible due to excessive fatigue, I have at last been able to re-start my beloved yoga this week. Hooray! That’s a BIG deal for me. One that I am gloriously happy about. I consider re-starting my workouts to be the very tippy-top of my wish-list. The Master Cleanse did this. Powerful stuff! My fatigue has gone!
At the start of the fast I listed out all the things I had wrong with me. Now I will go back to that list and review each problem and set out what’s changed.
1) Fatigue is the main problem. It is chronic and it will not go away: - Ummm, well, yes, I don’t want to tempt fate but the fatigue seems to have gone. Brilliant eh! I feel pretty normal now and have a normal amount of energy too. I require less sleep as well. I only need six and a half to seven hours sleep now. All of this year I have needed, and I mean NEEDED, eight hours.
2) I have very mild depression: – Gone! Boom!
3) Lab tests showed high reverse T3 (RT3) problem: – No idea what labs show now, but I took my temperatures last week and they were all bang on perfect. Happy dayz!
4) Lab tests showed I have low DHEA: – Untested.
4) I have had problems taking B-vits and B12 : Untested.
5) Chelation made the fatigue worse. Why? No idea : – Still no idea, although I blame Vit D levels.
6) Adrenals still slightly out: – Temps all level and perfect, so assume this problem is no more!
7) I have burning feet. Sole of my left foot gets horribly hot, burning hot: This disappeared completely during all 25 days of the fast. But, it seems to be coming back a little now, 10 days after I ended the fast. Not sure why. Not even sure what it is. But still, it is about 80-90 pct better that it was pre-fast. Rash on foot is 90pct better too. Dry skin on left heal is 90pct better too.
8) Blood sugar problem with some hypoglycemia an issue: It wasn’t that bad, but it was an issue and now is much less bad: about 70pct better than it was.
9) Libido low-ish: Unchanged.
10) When I get the fatigue kicking in, I get this weird grippy hand thing: Gone.
11) I cannot do any exercise. No gym. No yoga: Ha!!! Sorted! Yoga has restarted!!!! Happy dayz!!! I did three sessions last week and have done 6 practices in the last 7 days this week. I am getting up at 5am, having a one hours yoga session, then going to work. I need less sleep. This is just like the good old days and shows I have regained my mojo!!! Mega-deluxe-fantastico-coolio!
12) I have good days and bad days: Days are pretty ok at the moment. Although my shoulders hurt at little. More of that later.
13) Booze does not agree: Not tried any booze yet; untested.
14) No wheat: Not tried any yet; untested.
15) I eat a lot at each meal: I still eat a lot. I lost 6kg during the fast. Now I am rebuilding and I am eating a lot of food again. I regained 2kg in the first 7 days.
16) I have a furry tongue in the mornings upon waking: I still have the furry tongue, but it is about 80pct better than during the fast. And about 40pct better the pre-fast. That means I need to do more fasting.
17) I have just discovered I have a vitamin D deficiency: Got tested again and Vit D levels now fine. High even. That comes from the sunbathing I did on holidays, not the fasting.
18) Most nights I get up to pee once: Still getting up some night’s, but not every night, so that is an improvement.
19) I have mild carpel tunnel syndrome on my left wrist: It is better than it was, but still there. I would say 35pct better since the fast. Yoga is tricky but do-able. I must be very careful still: no sun salutations yet.
20) Ears are fine, but for some odd reason I cannot listen to loud headphone music: untested.
21) Sinus’s blocked half the time: Sorted. All clear now. This was one of the things that was greatly impeding my yoga. Clear sinus’s enable good yoga. Good news eh!
So there we have it. Pretty damn funky and cool eh! Lots of problems sorted out, or at least better. That list was the list of everything that was wrong too.
I have to say that fast was a MASSIVE success. To regain my energy, to restart my yoga, to have level temperatures at the right level, to help and resolve some of the hassles: that’s pretty damn wonderful and makes doing the fast gigantically rewarding: success always is awesome and I feel awesome too!
But it’s not over yet. Unfortunately I have to admit the fast was finished too soon. 25 days was not enough – for me and my body. Wild eh!! At the end of the fast it got pain right between my shoulder blades. This is a typical liver signal. It was quite a strong sharp pain too that has lingered all week. I didn’t have this before. My tongue also remained furry all during the fast, and afterwards too, which indicates I still have crap in me that needs exiting.
So yeah, it will need repeating. But the Master Cleanse is not a hardship. The fast was very easy to actually do and with all the benefits I have gained I am greatly looking forward to my next MC. I have pencilled in January 2014 for the next attempt.
In the meantime, because my shoulders hurt so much, I will be addressing my liver and gallbladder next. I have just done a liver flush this past weekend. You know those things with grapefruit juice, olive oil, and Epsom salts. Yeah, the thing that Cutler is against. Yes, those horrid hardcore liver flushes. I have not done one since 2007.
This time the flush went off like clockwork with no problems or hassles. Last time I did one of these beasts it took two weeks to recover from!! Hardcore indeed! Re-reading Andreas Moritz’s book, even he admits its like major surgery of the liver – but with no knives. This time I was fine the evening afterwards. All pretty straight forward for a change. Had a colonic monday night too. Never really like all those tubes and whatnot, but essential to do when liver flushing to get everything cleaned up afterwards.
I got zero gallstones out. Odd eh! Not sure what that means. I did get a load of chaff, and gunky green bile, just no stones. And I did feel better after too: warmer.
Now that’s finished I have started some Humaworm Liver herbs. These are two weeks on, two weeks off herbs. So I will do a couple of rounds, see what happens. Maybe do another flush too, depending on how I feel.
But, as you can see, things are looking up for me. Proper up too. To have banished the fatigue is a major event in my healing. I have the Master cleanse to thank for that, but I must also point out sorting out the Vit D problem was also very important too. Could not have got this better without the Vit D.
How did I sort out the Vit D decifency? I went on holiday and sun bathed a lot. Once I understood I was deficient, I went out of my why to get loads of sun. Once I had a base tan, I didn’t use suntan lotion anymore. I did more sunbathing when I got back home on the weekends. Re-tested Vit D and it came in way above what it was and right into the GREAT zone. Just two months later.
Phew! I am a busy boy. So many things done recently. Just in this one blog entry I have discussed fasting, liver flushing, liver herbs, Vit D….so many things to do!
AND… I urge all my friendly readers to do $hit. Do stuff. Do things. Experiment. Try new ideas. Because eventually you will hit pay-dirt and something, somewhere will hit the spot like a champion, hero and superstar! Then you too can get up at 5am and stand on your head! LOL.
That’s all folks!
PS. I have also made additional notes about the Master Cleanse. It will make this post too long and boring, so I will save that for another day. The title of that blog entry is gonna be: Success! Or maybe Happy Dayz! Or Major Progress Has Been Made! Or Observations Post-Master Cleanse. Or Good Health Has Returned? Undecided yet what the title will but, but you get the gist! Let the good times roll!